Sunday, January 30, 2011

mid winter days

Another end of a nice long weekend.....
We made some good food over the weekend.  We made one of our favorite meals, which is homemade pizza.
 I  made chocolate chip cookies yesterday.  I have had them for breakfast both weekend days.
Today I made heart cutout cookies, which I will bring to work for my birthday treat.  I REALLY  like frosted cutouts!!  I tinted the frosting pink.  :)
Dan made a new recipe.  It was zucchini/basil soup.  The zucchini was from our garden, and I made light rolls to go along with it.  The soup will be a "make again", recipe, as we enjoyed it thoroughly!
I knit a little on the cowl.  I made a few errors, and will make a trip to my mom's, so that she can show me how to fix them.
I started to make another bag that I will felt.   I am making make-up size bags, with zippers.
This knitting is going to take a long time for me to get good at it, and I want to be good NOW!!
The following pictures are two that I took while out walking today.  The sun was bright, and the air was cold!!  The cold air feels nice, when you are dressed properly.


The blue sky looks pretty through the branches.  
Our farm is a nice place to walk home to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should take pictures of the things you bake and cook for meals. Just keep the camera in the kitchen at all times or wherever you go. I do it now and they are such good memories to look back on. Imagine my children being able to look back on this blog being able to see what all their grandma baked, knit, saw. (And even their children) It is so nice for me too of course.

I wonder what toppings you put on your pizza this time around. I love chocolate chip cookies too. I wonder if my previous post made you decide on chocolate chip cookies this past weekend. I too can say that Robert and I had cookies for breakfast too with our coffee ! I bet everyone will love your birthday treats of cutouts. YUM!

I am curious about this soup dad created. I love the taste of basil and zuchinni (FRESH from the garden at that) is so tasty too. We don't eat it here really. Robert doesn't like it.

And I cannot wait to see your progress on your cowl. Post pictures of your knitting !!!!!!

I DO however like the two you posted. I imagine the farmhouse is a nice place to come home to. It is a very comfy and cozy place that I hope to visit some time soon. The blue sky through the branches is nice too....it looks very peaceful and I wonder what your walk consisted of. What feelings you felt ... what thoughts came to mind. These are things you will not share through such a public blog I imagine, but still, I am curious :)

HomeIsBest said...

Mmmm...I will think of pink frosted cut outs tomorrow when I think of you. Hope you have a nice birthday. I actually sent a card today, so tomorrow maybe? I agree, pictures of your knitting. I will try to blog this weekend. I have a few things to say!!!

My Wonderland said...

I agree with Motor - always have the camera handy. Then again, your phone takes pretty darn good photos. I've been trying to take more lately, too. I love your nature pictures - those that you snap while out walking on the trail/s. I bet those reflective moments (hours, perhaps, really...haha) are very cathartic.


The cookies Do sound fantastic - I have no doubt they tasted just as great. You've never let me down with a nice galleta! haha...speaking of - Ginger cookies/'any' cookies could lure me over (eh!?).

Keep up the delicious feasting *wink*

HomeIsBest said...

More pics and posts please!