Monday, February 22, 2010

Thoughts themselves are an energy

I have been making and eating quite a bit of granola.  It is pretty darn tasty, and i eat it every day for breakfast.  I put home made yogurt on top of it, and it is a breakfast, that stays with me all morning.   Dan likes it too.  We were lucky to have Amy come by on Friday, and pick up a batch for her week.  I have been changing the recipe a little, and experimenting with amounts of this and that.  I prefer it with small clusters, not too big.  I also prefer it without dried fruit in it, but you could of course add raisins if you desire.  I also made some texas caviar.  This is a bean/pepper salad, with a few other crispy vegetables in a vinegar/oil dressing.  We brought a jar to Amy/Ana too.  You can vary the type of peppers you put in it, and the veggies.  I like to crumble feta cheese on top of mine!  I have been doing pretty good since my birthday on February 1st, of not eating a lot of white flour products  or sugar.  I still plan to eat chocolate, but will try to eat more dark than milk.  My reason for this is to be healthier, and to have more energy.  Currently I have a loaf of artisan bread that will go into the oven as soon as it is pre heated!  Dan and I are excited to eat this with jam!   Good times! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm!!! I love that you are being such a baker lately. It's really fun to read about and hear from you! It's so much fun making something with your hands and having a satisfying outcome. Going with whole grains is tasty as well. It makes your body smile and jump for joy !!!

Anonymous said...

:) Those pictures made me smile. You look so pretty, Mom! I've got some good genes, eh ?

Still doing well with your new dietary regimen? Nice. And yes. keep eating that chocolate. No need to cut out the FUN! :)

You should send me the granola recipe-or just deliver me some each week. Can you believe I'm almost OUT again !?