Thursday, February 11, 2010

bibbity bobbity poo

Hello all,
This is sort of a random blog, with no real direction.  The picture of the of the picture, is a picture that my friend Sheril did for me.  I have it in your frame for now Molly.  Until you are able to take the frame.  Thanks for the loan!  The Wrestling picture i especially like, because it is an action shot.  Silas loves to wrestle.  The other picture made me think of someone...... 
I will tell you about my day.  I got up this morning, and made yogurt.  Then I started bread.  I made Rye bread, and the dough is a very stiff dough, so I was a little nervous that it would not rise enough.  It did just fine, and is presently cooling on the counter.  I will bring the bread to Amy and Ana's  when we go there on Saturday.  Then I went for a walk as it was a nice sunny day.  Quite cold, but walking briskly warmed me up in no time.  Then I had 30 minutes to get ready to leave for going for the day with grandma Bakken.  I am pretty quick at getting ready, and even had time to spare.   We went to Oconomowoc and each had an hour massage from Deb!!  That was my birthday gift, and it was quite enjoyable.  Then we went to breugers, and shared a bagel sandwich, and each had a coffee.  Then we went to the outlet mall, and went to the children's place, and grandma got Silas three outfits for under 20$ for everything.  How nice of her.
Oh, we also went to Aldi, and got a bit of produce.  We also went to brownberry and got some bread, and plastic bags.  I dropped grandma off, and she gave me some odds and ends from her house.  Everything was quite useful.  So, I got home, and made Texas Caviar, of which was made with ingredients from Aldi.  It has beans, peppers,onions, and celery, and vinigar/oil dressing.  So, it has been a good day, and I am going to bed soon.  Enjoy your day too!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo!!! I am not sure what is in the frame. Is it an actual picture or did Sheryl make something which appears to be a doily ? I love those little norweigan kids. The ones on the left with the apples are from dad and the ones on the right with the kittens and laughter are from me ! (I wonder if you remember this!) I remember i bought them for you when I was pretty young and saved up my money to buy them for you! I felt really neat when you opened them!

The picture of the two wrestlers is really a fun one! They always have so much fun together and this displays that PERFECTLY :) The last and final picture looks like a christmas tree to me....are they coffee beans and who does it remind you of ?

It sounds like you had a really good day off and enjoyed it with Grandma! Massage's are always really enjoyable and relaxing. I am glad you were able to have such a nice birthday present and day with Grandma :) Aldi is always fun to visit as well. I remember when I was as the one in the states they have so much more produce than the one here in Germany. A lot more fruits anyway. Maybe in WI fruits are more attainable. Possibly in the summer Aldi will be flourishing with fruits here in Germany! I wish you an incredible weekend!

Anonymous said...

If you click on the picture of the 'coffee beans' it seems as though they are poop pebbles in the snow. Hilarious.

The shots you posted are nice ;) Naturally the one of Dad and Silas is super cute and makes me smile each time I look at it. The top one is cute and funny (but neat)at the same time (wink)

Nice post today, Mom . Always an enjoyable read. Glad to hear you enjoyed your day w/ Grandma.