Thursday, March 4, 2010

march madness

Hello again,
I do not have any photo's to add for your viewing enjoyment.  I will take some more in the next few days, for all to see with the next blog.  So....something to look forward to.  :)  Today has been an uneventful day.  We slept in until about 7.   Dan  worked today, so he was not home.  I doodled around the house all day.  I washed the dishes, did a little laundry, and straightening up.  I went to the library and returned some items.  I was going to get a movie, but every parking spot was full, and I did not feel like looking elsewhere to park.  I came home then, and made some white bean soup.  Then I wanted chocolate, so I made chocolate brownies that are low fat.  They satisfied my sweet tooth, sort of.  A walk up and down the road on this beautiful sunny day was next. 
Dan arrived home mid afternoon, and we moved all of the furniture to the front porch that belongs to the landlords.  That would be the double bed, blue chair, tv, and stand, and the 2 couches that were already in the porch.  They will come by tomorrow and pick them up.  They will go to a family that is from another country, I am not sure where, but they have no furniture, and can use it all. 
I could read a book, but am not in the mood for that at the moment.  I think I need a short break from reading, or just something interesting to read.  Any suggestions?
I did make some dough for artisan bread, and have a loaf cooling on the counter presently.  It smells quite good.  I will take a picture of it for next time.  I talked to my friend Myrna for a half hour on the telephone, and we are meeting at the Cafe Carpe next Thursday night!!  That will be good, and I will take my camera!!
I am restless, and want to do something, but have not figured out what it is yet.  I hope that i do very soon!
Later Alligators!  ;) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh Chocolate brownies!! Did you make them with a frosting or without ??! I have never made homemade brownies! I imagine it is kind of like making a cake in a way..just more dense.

I bet that will be really nice to have the furniture out of the front porch! Now you will be able to use it in the summer ! I remember it being quite large! How nice! What exactly is artisan bread? (I look forward to pictures!-they are always fun! It makes me feel a little bit closer)

I bet it will be nice to meet Myrna on Thursday. Will her new boyfriend come along as well? Or will it just be you two girls? I look forward to pictures from that day as well as hearing all about it!

It would be nice to be able to come over and keep you a little occupied for the day! A walk, a little knitting and possibly watch a movie, learning how you make your bread....TALKING... lovely. Miss you

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, about time you updated your blog ;) . It's alright about the lack of pictures but we expect them next time :) I wish I was there to enjoy all your cookery. Everything sounds delicious. If only I could make good bread. SOMEday I'll make a good loaf. You must have magic cooking hands.

What country is that family from ? You may have told me (may have not) but I don't remember. I'm curious...not that it matters.

Hope your restlessness goes away soon, or better yet is already gone. Enjoy the end of your weekend.