Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scoobie Doobie Doo

Well, this has been a nice SUNNY week.  Although today the sun just peeked out a bit.  I did enjoy a good long walk today.  Tomorrow is going to be 46 degrees out, and sunny, and I have the day off!!
The artisan bread is a free form loaf of bread, that is a white bread, and super easy.  I got it out of a cookbook called "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a Day".  It has a bit of a sour dough taste to it, and makes great toast!!  And is it good with a lot of jam on it!  The picture in the kitchen is of dad and I making pizza for supper.  I have the scarf on in the kitchen, so as not to get hair in the food I am preparing.  Long blond hairs in food=Not good!!  The next pic is of belgium waffles that we had for breakfast today.  We put black rasberries (from our freezer), picked from the woods last summer- on them, and they were pretty tastey! 
I even put the pictures on the computer by myself this time with no help from dad!! 
Last night dad and I watched a Lawrence Welk special on PBS.  I do not think he would normally watch this show, but he knows I enjoy that stuff.  I think the costumes and hair styles are such a hoot!  We were tired after watching it last night, and thought, hmm, since daylight saving begins next weekend, it will be 9 at this same time next weekend, so it is ok, to retire tonight at 8, and we did.  We even slept in until 7:45.  So I guess we were tired, and it is good to get the rest one needs.  Now tomorrow I have the day off, so I can sleep in a little.  Dad will get up for class at 7, and I will get up too...  probably.
Daniel and Si did not make it over today.  Si does have an appointment tomorrow to get his eyes checked, and order some glasses.  I will post a pic of him in his new glasses as soon as he does!  He wants Buddy Holly glasses! 
Tomorrow is the day to make yogurt, as I used up the last of it today.  I do enjoy it every day for breakfast on my granola!   I am certain that the flaxseed, hemp seed, oats, and bran, with their health benifits, and omega 3's are good nutrition.  I tried to get Si to eat some, but he spit it out.  I will try to make a muffin with flaxseed he will eat. 
I am thinking of changing the name of my blog to "Weareall1" what do you think of this?  and not having all of the categories.  
Do you ever have dreams in which you recognize people that are in this life, but they are different people in your dreams?  This is hard to explain, but anyway, I dreamed that Elton John was creating a beautiful wood ceiling in an odd home that dad and I were building.  He was a master at what he did, and it was a beautiful intricate ceiling.  I felt indulgant spending that kind of dough on it.  Dreams are so interesting, and odd.  Do you ever go back to the same location in your dreams?  Start a dream journal.  I assure you that you will find it to be very interesting, and you will want to sleep, just to see what is next!   :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so adorable for me to see.....I think I smiled the entire time I read this entry and even some time AFTERWARDS! I LOVED the pictures. As I have said before, they make you seem so much closer.

I remember seeing the Lawrence Welk show on those old programs and yes, they are pretty interesting to watch and slightly humorous in a non humorous way ;) But fun in the same !

I am pretty excited about Silo getting some Buddy Holly glasses. I was telling Robert some time ago that he should get some of those. They would look ADORABLE! I wonder if Si would agree with them though! I CANNOT WAIT to see a picture of what he choses!

I am still enjoying the granola that you have sent us. I am dreading the day it will be finished. It is so good and the fact that you made it makes it very special for me. It's very good for me to eat knowing that it is healthy. Then I don't feel bad afterwards! Hilarious as it is...i HAVE been pooping 1-2 more times than normal a day.

And I think weareall1 is a great name! If you prefer that name better, I can definitely go in and change it! Also, if you would enjoy a new background the time might be now to change it! This is more dark and I think something more 'spring,' is in need!

And I have indeed had some dreams where I recognize people as different people. But I still know it is them. I completely understand what you mean. A dream journal is always a cool idea. I DO have that extra notebook Robert bought for me that I am unsure of what to do with. ...How do you make yourself turn the light on and WRITE about your dream afterwards? I am not sure I could be motivated enough to do this. And especially fall asleep afterwards...

Loved, Loved, Loved this :)

Anonymous said...

oh...and it's incredible how young you and dad look look in the first and last picture. What is your secret??!

You look so darn pretty :)