Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Love Dark Chocolate!!

Greetings happy readers:
This is a picture we took, (with the handy dandy 10 second delay switch), while Dan was continuing to plan our garden.  It takes a lot of time to plan a vegtable garden properly.   You have to consider what plants can and cannot be planted next to each other.  Some plants cannot be planted side by side, or they will not grow properly.  The space needed for each plant has to be carefully considered.  Those are just two of the many things that need to be considered when planning a vegetable garden.  In this picture, I had just previously come inside from a walk, and was relaxing before leaving to have dinner with Myrna.  I left shortly after this, and my pics of Myrna and I- did not work out, much to my/your dissapointment.  It is a nice thing to look back on; good times with friends. 
Early today, Dan and I went to Woodmans for groceries.  On the way home from Woodmans we stopped at the library so that I could drop off old, and pick up new books.  We then, went home and had lunch.  I put together a batch of granola.    The granola  has to slowly bake for 4 hours, so while it was baking, we went to the Stoughton Post Office so that I could get my passport application in.  I later met Myrna at the Carpe, and we had veggie melts, and chocolate cake, with decaf coffee.  It was all as good as you remember it to be.  We had a good time. We laughted heartily about an 83 year old lady who accidentally swallowed her 3 unit bridge while I was at work Tuesday while having her teeth cleaned by one of the lady's I work with.  She is OK by the way, she just has to sift through her poo until it "passes". 
While I was out for a walk today, the air felt springlike to me.  It had a heavy, humid feel to it.  It was however still brisk!!  I could smell new smells in the air also.  I like to spend enough time out of doors so that I am able to notice the differences in the changing of the seasons.  The reason is for my own enjoyment. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is so cute of Dad planning out your vegetable garden. I imagine it IS quite a bit of work and I cannot wait to see some pictures of the process and of the finished Garden!

And it's ok that the pictures didn't turn out. I am just happy that you enjoyed your time....I would like to hear more about this story with the old woman in your office....sounds hilarious.

I just finished the last of my Granola today and was sad to finish it. It was incredibly good while it lasted and I savored every bite :)

How exciting about your passport, that means you can come and visit us :) hehe (crosses fingers)

My Wonderland said...

Molly's right, that granola goes quickly. It's super addicting and I eat it at least once a day. At least it's decent for you, eh ? ;)

Where ARE you planning to go w/ your passport. Do you have a few ideas in your minds for this upcoming year?

Can't wait to see pics of your gardening process, the pre and the post process.