Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Spring!


This last week was a week of vacation for Dan and myself.  We had no definitite plans, but did want to have the garden ready for planting by the end of the time off.  We did achieve that goal.  Dan has done a good share(most) of the work.  I have done only what I need to.  I am good at keeping Dan company while he is working.  The weather cooperated wonderfully.  We had days of 70 degrees, and sunny!  I did a lot of walking.  A little baking, -not too much.  We also enjoyed good home made food all week, but we do that most of the time.  We do occasionally enjoy a "Home Run" pizza.  They are the very best frozen pizza we have ever tried, and we have tried a lot of different brands!   We watched one movie.  The Blind Side.  We liked it fine.  To me it seemed predictable and hokey, and the funny thing about that is, that it is based on real people. 
Yesterday we had an Easter dinner at Granny and Papa's house.  Aunt Connie and her family were there, minus Luke.  Cindy and Uncle Tom was there, and Uncle Andy.  The food was their traditional fare.  I brought a rasberry cake with cream cheese frosting.  Everything was very good.  My favorite was the waldorf salad.  I really like that stuff!  Today we went to Aunt Jennie's and Uncle Jon's.  Eric and his family were there, as well as Uncle Peter and his family.  Daniel, Sarah and Silas came to Jennie's also.   We left before dessert, darn!  I do believe she had cheesecake.  I did make light rolls for this event.  They were as tastey as ever.
This evening we are winding up our week of not having to leave the house for much of anything.  We did enjoy it thoroughly.  It is nice to just be home, and have no where to go, and not much to do.  We shall do it again .
I have one more Michael Pollan book to read, and I will have then read all his books.  I have enjoyed them, and find them well researched, and informative.  His writing style is easy to read, and has a nice flow.   His books talk about eating well, and being responsible in our food choices.
 Don't those rolls look good!  They were right out of the oven, and I had two.  One with just butter, and one with butter and rasberry jam!  I think next it will be peanut butter and honey!
Dad and I also also shared a delicious chocolate easter egg this evening, I do believe that it was purchased in a candy shop in PA!!  ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and dad had a really great week off !!! I thought it was so neat to see the picture of the garden. It was nice to see it with people near to it. It gives me a good idea of the size and I imagine that it took so much work getting it ready !!! It also seems that you two had some amazing weather this past week :)

Easter sounds like it was an enjoyable time for the two of you. Appears there were a lot of people around to enjoy it with !

The rolls look delicious and I really ought to make the some time here. I think I would split the dough in half and make cinnamon rolls and then regular rolls with the other half.

Love the picture of you and then the one of Silas and Maren. Everyone looks so happy :)s

My Wonderland said...

I tried to comment in here a couple times before-both times after typing a HUGE one there was an error and the whole darn thing was erased-SO annoying:P

Anyway, I love the pics you posted. Silas is so darn (again) adorable. Can't help but smile and feel happy when I look at him. Maren is a sweetie pie, too.

Seems like Easter was forever ago. I'm happy to hear that you all enjoyed yourselves. I could use one of those rolls right now+maybe a small bag to stow away in the freezer, haha. I love your cooking/baking.

Muah!