Monday, July 19, 2010

Holiday!!


Today has been a good day.  I slept later than I usually do, which was 7:30.  I have a  few days off work, so I have that luxury.  I have a few things on my list to do this week, and made a good dent in them.  I went to the grocery store, and  got a few items.  Went to the feed and seed, and got bird seed, as the birds eat like  PIGS!!  But we enjoy watching them none the less.  Picked a lot of veggies from the garden.  We froze a gallon size bag of peppers.  I  made roasted vegetables  for supper, and chocolate pudding!  One of the peppers I  put in the roasted veggies burned in my mouth!!  I am not sure what type it was, but it was one of the hottest peppers I have eaten!  I roasted a bulb of garlic also for later use.  I steamed some beets for Dan, as he likes them.  I think they taste like the earth.  I did try a small  bite of them.  
    These pictures were taken at Silas's birthday time.  He is playing his new snare drum, and the other pic is  Daniel, and Si in our woods on a big tree that has fallen and is fun to walk on.
The next picture is of a really cool fungus of some kind that I came across while I was walking  back in the woods.  The black raspberries are as tasty as they look!  The last picture was just after a rain, and a big  rainbow was out.  The next  picture is me picking out in the garden  Notice the mosquito net on my hat.  A  necessity!!
The vegetables in the sink are a few that I gathered.  They look pretty good don't they?  The plate of  food is  what  I made with the vegetables.  We are really enjoying it all.
This is what Dan has been working on for the last few weeks at granny and papa's.  It is going to be quite nice when it is done.  We spent the afternoon there Sunday, as Trevin is in town with his family for the week,  and there was a get together so that we all could all see them, and they could see us!  We had a good time.
 
 This is obviously me on the trail.  I am fortunate to have such a good place to walk and get fresh air!
I hope that all of your summers are going well, and you are able to get outside and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT !!! Two blog posts so close together for you !!! I was definitly excited when I saw THIS! The pictures are fabulous as always, but the mushroom one didn't show up, so I could not see it. It sounds and looks like you have so much nice product in your garden. As I have said before, and will say again, I would love to have that sort of selection right at my fingertips.
The raspberries look so yummy and I cannot even remember the last time I have eaten them! I am in shock of the deck dad is working on. It looks so gorgeous and perfect. Is he working on this alone, or is someone helping him ? How was seeing Uncle Trevin? Does he and his family seem to be happy and doing well? Going to Granny and Papa's was nice I bet. Did you spend most of the time outside or indoors ?
I love the two pictures of you. The one where it is a closeup of your face is really nice. You look so pretty. I feel like the way you are smiling reminds me a lot of my smile. It looks pretty :) You look really nice and your skin looks young.
Once again, I wish I was there to experience some of the summer with you all...

My Wonderland said...

Oh man, those veggies look delicious! - I laughed out loud (for real...) when reading this post. Strangely, at the part about burning your mouth on the pepper. Hilarious-I can just imagine! haha

Your pictures ARE gorgeous-my gosh, is it the camera or your SKILLS!? (or both) I don't know why Molly didn't see the shrooms, I did! Looks awesome. I love how mushrooms look, vary, smell, taste! (most of them...)
-and I agree with Molly, that you look beautiful and refreshed. Young. You ARE (all those things).