Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Holiday's

Today starts Thanksgiving week.  we look forward  to the day!  It is always fun to slow down and get together with family  The  forecast calls for high's in the 20's, so it will be brisk!
Today, the temps are in the 40's and it is cloudy with a winter white sky.  I met  my sister Jennie at Camrock park, and we went for a walk.  It was good to see her and visit.  :)
I just finished listening to the book on disc, "True compass"  which is an autobiography by Edward "Ted" Kennedy.  I enjoyed the book, and also really enjoy listening to books read on disc.  I listen to them on my way to and from work.  Teddy kept detailed journals of his life, and the book is a history lesson, from his point of view.  He was full of life, and had a lot of good energy.  He loved his country, and led a life of service.  
The next book I plan to read, (in paperback  form) is "We Band of Angels"  It is a true story of women nurses, who were prisoners of war in the Philippines. I will tell you more about it after I finish it. 






How do you like the Halloween mask??  Pretty creepy and realistic!!
The tree, I pass on my way to work each day, and I think it is really neat what these folks have done with a damaged tree.  It is quite creative!
Silas has on "Chapel"  clothes for school, and looks so handsome with his tie on!  
The cute baby boy is Riley, and the sweet little bumble bee is Reagan.  I understand that she has 8 teeth now.  :P
I have been busy doing some other things, but you will have to wait to be filled in about those in about 33  more days!!   ;)

6 comments:

My Wonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Wonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Wonderland said...

The books you listed sound interesting! I wish I had more time for reading. I guess I could 'make time'. I think I will. You should browse my shelves...I DO have things you would enjoy ;)

I love your pictures:) Wow, Silas does look so handsome. Looking at his smile makes me feel... nice. Tranquil. He looks so hug-able. Seeing YOU makes me smile, too, Mom. <3

I'm happy to hear you're still finding time to do things you enjoy: getting outside for walks, spending time with those close to you, and bonding with Silamo.
*see you soon
Also - that damaged tree actually looks pretty neat! (weird looking!?)

Reagan and Riley are adorable.

--I wonder if Dad ever got around to startling (ha) Silas with that sick thing. He looks hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

I hope that you take a few pictures while you are ejoying your thankgiving dinner with granny and others in the family! I would be interested to see the prepared dinner table and meal :) I bet it will look pretty spiffy and fancy. High's in the 20's sound cold. It's about the same temperature here though too. My bike ride to the station this morning was FREEZING! But then again, it would be at 7 in the morning !

Books on CD sound nice. It would be a nice thing to listen to while on my way to work while riding the bus. Or, I could just find a good book to read! But, it's a nice way to get something done (in a way) while driving your car to work. And a fun way to spend your car rides!

I was slightly shocked to read that you went for a walk in camrock with Aunt Jennie. I cannot really imagine her doing this, but it sounds so lovely that you two did it together. It is always nice to go for walks with friends, especialy sisters. I BET it was a really nice talk with interesting conversation (at least I hope!)

I loved the pictures. The one of you and Si makes my heart smile. I love the one of him in his dress shirt and tie. He looks like such a little gentleman, I would have loved to have been able to have been the one behind the camera. That means I would have been there for all of these moments. Who took the picture of you walking up the hill, dad? It's a nice one. You know, you should really frame ones like these. Do you ? The mask dad is wearing is HILARIOUS. But terrifying, I wonder, like Amy, if dad scared Silo with this mask. I hope not too badly! The tree is very inspiring, and makes me think of oragami and possibly creating something for my home along those lines... :)

It was about time you posted a blog for your loyal subscribers to read !!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading and hope that I don't have to wait 33 days !! NAUGHTY!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.