Sunday, November 28, 2010

Knitting Frenzy!

Today is Sunday, and I will re-cap the last week or so.  Amy came home last Wednesday, and we were able to have her here until Saturday afternoon.   We stayed up late every night, and I do not feel any effects from that.(meaning that I am not tired, as I require a lot of sleep it seems.)  I have had four days off work and have been able to "sleep until I wake up naturally".  It has been nice to have that option.  Funny thing is, is that I still woke up at six to six thirty.
We went to Dans parents for Thanksgiving day.  Grandma Arnett was there, and her  dog "Lucky".  He is a cute little thing!   As I am writing this, the peanuts version of "Oh Christmas Tree", is playing.  That is a classic Christmas song to me.  I have been hearing it since I was a small child.  Dan's sister Connie and all of her family were there, except for Luke, who just became engaged to "Marissa".  Isn't that a pretty name?  Uncle Andy was also there.  We had the traditional holiday feast, with LOTS of food, and pie for dessert.  We got there early, and Dan put together the sausage/cheese/cracker trays.  I brought stuffing, and applesauce.
The following day we ran some errands, and got new phones.  We got Androids, and they are like a mini  computer with a phone.  We are enjoying them.  I have already taught myself how to "cast on", on U-Tube, and have had some knitting lessons.    ;)  Daniel came over in the evening to spend some time with Amy.






Dan and I went to the grocery store Saturday morning, and then brought Amy back to her apartment  that afternoon.  Amy made quesadilla's for supper one evening while she was here.  We have not made them for ages!  It is black beans, onions, peppers, cheese, and really- just whatever you want/sandwiched between two tortillas, and cooked in a little oil in a heavy black skillet.   Now we have made that type of thing before, but have not had it for a very long time.  We will have that often, as it is really good, versatile and easy to make!  Daniel and Silas were here today.  We all had quesadilla's for lunch.  :)         Silas and Dan rode around the yard on the mini bike.  Silas loves to do that!   I went to Cambridge to visit my parents and came home and went for a walk.
About the pictures.....The light fixture has Cherubs on it.  The picture does not do it justice.  It is not like anything I have seen before, and I like it!  I also took a picture of the table before we all sat down.  Pops sets such a nice table.  Dan and I got to sit at the other table by Joseph, Laurie and Amy!  
Maybe in my next blog, I will have a picture of our first snow?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW !!! You can cast on !! How cute! There is something about the cold weather that makes knitting extra enjoyable for me. Maybe you too??! I wonder what you have cast on and what your yarn choice is. I would love to see ! It's so cool that you are watching Dexter! Robert and I LOVE this show and wait each week for the new episode to come out. Tonight after he returns from practice, we will watch the newest one! I will not say anything about it though (of course)!

I bet it was nice to see grandma arnett ! You all haven't seen her in quite a while. I imagine that you had a lovely visit with everyone at granny's house. Joseph looks so old and Laurie looks pretty. As do you and Amy :) Dad looks tan, which always boggles me, as it is winter! haha :) You all look so lovely and nice ! I wish I could have been there but am happy that you all were able to spend thanksgiving together !

My Wonderland said...

Each night (lately) I've said I would finally comment on these babies - finally I am!
It's been a bit since this post, hasn't it? It was indeed nice to visit with Panchos side of the family on Thanksgiving: to see Grandma Arnett (and hold the smelly dog, hehe), have nice food, etc. Cute that you and Dad sat at the table with Laurie and I, and the other youngins :)

The new phones are great, eh? I love your 'cock and load' move (don't even think about that) - it's seriously hilarious. Makes me smile every time I think about you doing that move :)

Probably aren't many more times for Dad and Silas to get out on the bike! Then, it's not a bad thing as winter brings other 'sports' and fun outdoor options. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading more about the fun times of...'Mom'!